6/11/11

Osgoode Hall Restaurant

My first time at Osgoode Hall today, I'm so close to it from work and I never knew that right across the street from me is the Law Society of Osgoode Hall.  My friend was referred to the "Osgoode Hall Restaurant" by her coworkers, it surely is a hidden dining hall.  The restaurant is only opened from noon to 2pm in September to June.  The dining hall is surrounded with law-books and stained glass.  It is common to have judges and lawyers seated right next to you for lunch in Osgoode Hall!

Osgoode Hall Restaurant

My friend and I both ordered the "Chef's Menu' with 3 courses, we found it very much like a Summerlicious lunch for us.  For appetizer, Niagara Prosciutto with White Asparagus was served.  I found the ham a bit too salty.  The portion of the appetizer was small, and overall I wasn't too satisfied with it.   Pan Seared Lois Lake Steelhead Trout served with shiicake mushrooms, wild rice and beurre blanc was the main dish.  I love the fish because of the white and green sauces that comes with it.  The portion of the fish was perfect and it was very fresh.  Last but not least, the dessert was the best.  We had Ontario Rhubarb & Strawberry Crumble with Almond Ice-Cream.  The mix of the dessert was very well combined because the rhubarb and strawberry sauce was very special, and never had anything like that.  The rhubarb and strawberry crumble really did filled me up, and I also love almond ice-cream. On the bias side, I must say that the dessert was the best of all in the lunch meal at Osgoode Hall Restaurant, and in 'to.live.my.life''s opinion, the restaurant deserves a 7/10 . *Just a quick reminder:  If you want a taste in this dining hall, there's only 3 more weeks and then you  have to wait until the fall in September!



Osgoode Hall on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...