6/11/11

Fabbrica

"Fabbrica" popped up at me this week through talks with different groups of friends.  For the reunion with my two best friends from elementary school (one I haven't seen since grade 6, and the other since 2 years ago), we decided to go to Shops at Don Mills for either Joey's or Fabbrica.  It was a Friday night after all, so it was expected that Fabbrica will mostly likely be the place we'll end up dining.  Before we were arrived at Fabbrica, we stopped by Mark McEwan, it was a high-end supermarket with a lot of the pasta sauces and ingredients Fabbrica use across the street.  I reserved a table at Fabbrica, so we got settled in right away.  The atmosphere was nice and casual, however it wasn't as quiet as we expected it to be in terms of the noise level.  It was a typical Italian restaurant, my friend said she loves the vinegar that comes with the bread.  For me, it was nothing too special, maybe because I didn't like anything too oily. 

All three of us decided to ordered pasta.  I have been craving for some pasta the past week, so this was a great opportunity.


I ordered Linguine, it was served with claims, shirmps, white wine, garlic and chili.  I like the dish, because I am not too picky with food so it is hard to go wrong, especially with pasta served to me.  The white wine was strong, which I love, but again I didn't like the layer of oil I had to dealt with close to the end.
I tasted both of my friends' pasta.  This one is Pappardelle, it was served with braised short rib, tomato and basil.  I like this one because I always enjoyed the thick pasta (the chewing part, weird eh?), it is even thicker than fettuccine. 
The next one is Tortiglioni, it was served with oven baked Fabbrica meatballs, tomato and buffalo mozzarella.  I think I like this one more than my Linguine, even though I only tried a very small quantity of the pasta.  I love the tomato sauce and the cheese inside the pasta.  However, I think this pasta is very heavy and filling because of all the cheese.  (My friend was fighting with the cheese throughout the meal, while we were chatting...lol)

Overall, 'to.live.my.life.' gives Fabbrica a 7.5/10.  Their pasta are in no doubt very delicious, however I don't think I will be back anytime soon due to the fact that it is over-priced.  One can get the same quality of pasta with a cheaper price.  It is always worth of a try though.

Fabbrica on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...