6/24/11

deKefir

Another dessert lunch today! After reading the post on blogTO about deKefir, I knew that it will be on my 'wishlist' because it is so close to where I work.  However, it is hidden in the PATH at Bay & Adelaide so it is unnoticeable.  From the pictures in the blog, I always thought that deKefir is another frozen yogurt cafe.  Not until I walked in today when I was introduced to KefirKEFIR is made from milk and kefir grains, it is similar to yogurt but contains a wider range of bacteria and yeasts that are friendly to the stomach.

I ordered a small kefir with mango.  There is an option to add 4 more toppings for $1 as well, and the toppings include fruits and nuts.  Kefir is not as smooth as frozen yogurt or ice-cream, however it contains a lot less fat.
'To.live.my.life' rates deKefir with a 7/10, because it did not give me a 'wow' taste but I like the fact it is low in fat.




deKEFIR on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. hmmm healthy frozen yoghurt eh? Looks interesting! I'll be sure to give it a try if I'm in the area =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...