8/6/11

Tekka Japanese Restaurant

Thanks to Mr. C.Li for lunch!  Nice catch up time once again, and your 'Sky 9' meal will be on us next time (...or maybe not)!

Tekka Japanese Restaurant, a Japanese restaurant that I will never pass by or have never heard of.  The restaurant is very open and somewhat small once entered.  Even though the waitresses looked Japanese, but the restaurant doesn't give me much of an authentic Japanese restaurant feel, however that's just my opinion.

We ordered a lot for lunch that day!  First, for appetizer, we got Sunomono, it is assorted seafood and cucumber mixed with sweet vinegar sauce.  However, as I remembered I only tasted cucumbers in it.  I didn't taste any seafood, maybe it's because I only had around two bites of it and did not eat the shrimps.



Next, came our rolls. Smoke and Fire Roll - Smoke salmon on shrimp dynamite roll, and Black Dragon Roll - BBQ eel on shrimp tempura and avocado roll.  I am not a big fan of sushi, only the ones that eat with me a lot knows, but I like Tekka's sushi rolls.  Their assortments in their rolls are different and they have a lot of varieties.


18 Pieces Sashimi - There were 9 types of sashimi, each with 2 pieces.  The sashimi varieties were common and are the typical ones from most Japanese restaurants.

After all those, the 4 of us were not full at all.  To end off, we had to order more. The Beef on Skewers, which I can make at home myself, and the Tekka Special Fried Rice, which was pretty expensive and it could also be made at home.

'To.live.my.life' believes that a 7.5/10 is well-deserved for Tekka Japanese Restaurant.   The sushi rolls and sashimi are quite delicious, but what losses points in my mind are the cooked food.

Tekka Sushi on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I bought two vouchers for Tekka! Will be going with my family soon. The picture of the smoke and fire roll looks so cute, haha. Thanks for the tip - I'll order more sushi and sashimi than the cooked dishes :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...