8/21/11

Joey Restaurant (Shops at Don Mills)

Life is perfect to have lunch during a beautiful Saturday afternoon at a relaxing upper level patio with the bestests.  Finally, I had my first dining experience at Joey Restaurant in Shops at Don Mills.  This is my fourth attempt of going to Joey, the first three times were all during dinner time.  I was told to wait for at least 1.5 hours, an extremely impatient person like me will never waste time waiting so I just dined at other restaurants around.  This time we arrived at the restaurant at around 12:30 pm and it was not that busy, so we got our table right away.

While I was waiting for Mr & Mrs. LCS, I ordered a martini, the Thai Lover - alize red passion, lychee liqueur, pineapple & cranberry juices.  It smelled very good and tasted much like 'soho seven'.


We wanted to be healthy once again, so we ordered the Viva Salad served with roasted chicken, sundried cranberries, avocado, apples and feta with a honey balsamic vinaigrette, garnished with cilantro.  It was different since I never had salad served with apple. 

I also chose the Lobster Grilled Cheese Sandwich.  Basically, it was an atlantic lobster, brie and cheddar grilled cheese sandwich served with fries and cocktail sauce on the side.  Both dishes we planned to share, so the kitchen divided up into two for us which was a good customer service.

Overall, due to all the good feedback I heard about Joey, I had high expectations from this lunch.  I will rate the restaurant with a 8.5/10, because the patio is one of the best I've been to so far and the food was excellent.  Everything was very tasty and delicious.  However, in my opinion, a lot of the dishes are a little over-priced compared to other restaurants of this type.

Joey Don Mills on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...