8/11/11

Mercatto @ Bay St.

Finally!  Today was my second time dining at Mercatto ever since I started working, even though I pass by it almost every single day.  I met up with a previous co-op mate and FAP-mate, Mr. N.Li, for lunch since we're both working close to Mercatto.  I always wanted to go back for a second try ever since I stepped out Mercatto's door last time.  


We arrived before noon, so it was still pretty quiet.  We managed to have a nice catch-up time, and a nice casual lunch.

I ordered the Spaghettinin served with calamari, calms, beard crumbs and chili.  HOT!  That's the only word I can use to describe my pasta.  Hot to describe both the taste, and also the combination of the ingredients of the pasta dish.


Mr. N.Li ordered the Orecchiette served with fennel sausage, rapini and peperoncini.  I never tried the dish but the only comment that Mr. Li provided me was the pasta was too salty.


Overall, 'to.live.my.life' believe that Mercatto deserves a 8.5/10. It is a popular place for lunch in the financial district.  By 12:30, the restaurant was packed. Also, Rob Rossi, one of the top chef in Canada' was an Executive Chef, hence the quality of the food should be acceptable to all.  I will definitely back for a third time in the future.

Mercatto on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I like Mercatto too :D Both dishes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...