8/18/11

Baton Rouge Restaurant @ Scarborough

On an OK special evening after work, had a filling and fattening dinner at Baton Rouge Restaurant near Scarborough Town Centre.  As I remembered, I only been to Baton Rouge once during a work lunch in downtown.  I don't remember what I had so I assumed it was just an average big chain restaurant around the city. As expected, it was pretty quiet on a Tuesday evening.

For appetizer, we ordered Cheese Lover's favourite "Nachos + Cheese", Cheddar Dip.  The dip was a warm blend of cheeses topped with diced tomatoes and jalapeno peppers. It was the best dish of our night.



To balance out 'not-so-healthy' appetizer, we ordered a salad and Mr.Cheese Lover chose the Seared Ahi Tuna Salad since I was telling him about that I wanted to try tuna served rare with a cool interior.  On the greeny dish, there was a 6 oz. tuna seared and topped with diced tomatoes and chives along with mixed greens topped with toasted sesame seeds drizzled with Lime & Ginger dressing.  The salad part was average but I like the tuna. :D

We also order their Prime Rib Sandwich served with an 8 oz.  tender sliced prime rib smothered with grilled red onions and melted Monterey Jack cheese. It came with a toasted baguette with a side of au jus, and french fries.  I was quite disappointed because I was expecting Canyon Creek's Prime Rib sandwich but it was nothing close to it.


'To.live.my.life' rates Baton Rouge a 6.5/10 because of its average dishes served. Nothing amazed me from what we ordered that evening.  However, if searching for a nice, warm and casual dinner, there's nothing against going to  Baton Rouge since after all it is one of the chain restaurants with standard quality. 

Baton Rouge Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...