7/2/11

Cafe Mirage Grill & Lounge

First day of long weekend, the weather was super nice and I really had the urge to have dinner at a patio.  Sadly, I failed to find the 'perfect' patio and I was lazy to drive downtown, so ended up at Cafe Mirage on Sheppard.
(My definition of a 'perfect' patio' is one with good food, not on a main street, and can be comfortably seated, please give suggestions if anyone have anything in mind.  Thanks!)

I have always wanted to try the desserts at Cafe Mirage, so I know this will be a great chance to.  Miss. A.Wong and I arrived at around 7-ish but the restaurant was pretty quiet, so we even picked where we want to be seated.  Both of us didn't want to have a heavy main dish, because we want to save our tummies for desserts!  I ordered a Chicken Caesar Pita with side-salad.  It is a whole-wheat pita stuffed with tender chicken breast, crispy romaine, and sautéed onion tossed in creamy Caesar dressing.  I love their pita because it was toasted, so it was crispy.  

Miss. A. Wong ordered a Chicken Chipotle with house salad.  It has grilled chicken breast, golden onions, and Swiss cheese with spicy house chipotle sauce and is served on toasted foccacia.  I tried a quarter of it, I like my Chicken Caesar Pita more because the toasted foccacia is just very similar to toasted sandwich so it wasn't too special.  

Last but not least, our dessert!  We ordered a Chocolate and Strawberry Ice-Cream Waffle with strawberries.  I rarely have negative comments about desserts, so of course it was very good and actually very filling.  However, it wasn't 'too special' and 'one-of-a-kind' thing.  I actually  really want to try their cakes next time because they look delicious and the portion served is enormous too.  

'To.live.my.life' give Cafe Mirage on Sheppard a 7/10 because overall everything was just standard.

Mirage Grill & Lounge on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...