7/16/11

c5 Restaurant (Summerlicious)

My second 'Summerlicous' meal of the year is at 'c5 Restaurant' located at the pinnacle of the Michael Lee-Chin Crystal at the Royal Ontario Museum.  I would of missed out if it wasn't one of the Summerlicious restaurants. c5 Restaurant is at the fifth floor of ROM with stunning rooftop views, the environment in both the lounge and the restaurant are perfect. 

Miss. S. So and I changed our reservation back and forth between lunch and dinner, but at the end we did lunch because the Summerlicious menu were almost the same for both.  Lunch is just $25, while dinner is $45.  I love all three courses I chose, the quality and quantity were excellent considering it is a Summerlicious meal overall.

For appetizer, I orderedAlbacore Tuna served in Mango & mint salad, soy reduction.  The piece of tuna is huge since it is just an appetizer.  The mango gives it very refreshing taste.



Miss. So's appetizer :Air cured Coppa served with crostini, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic, pecorino, summer seedlings

For main course, I ordered Pork Shoulder and it was served with Polenta, chorizo cacciatore, pine nuts, olives & baby spinach.  I have never had such a large quantity served to me in a 'licious' main course.  The pork was tendered and the sauce was very tasty.


The other main course was Lake Erie Whitefish served in smoked tomato vinaigrette, ontario asparagus, green beans, and pattypan squash. I tried a small piece of the fish but it wasn't as tasty and mouth-watering as my pork.  Nevertheless, the quantity was again very big and the quality was excellent.

Next, my favourite part of the meal is of course dessert, I ordered the Chocolate Mousse Cakeserved with aerated milk chocolate, chocolate snow, caramelized white chocolate,and vanilla tuile. The cake was soft and not too sweet. I like how it is served with different sauces because each bite of the cake dipped in different sauce gives a different taste and feeling.


Miss. So ordered Panna Cotta with caramel, and sea salt brittle. The caramel in the middle was too sweet, but the fact that this is a dessert is alright to me.

Thanks to Miss. S.So for recommending 'c5 Restaurant' to me.  I really did enjoy this meal and I can say that it is one of the best 'licous' meal I have ever had.  The environment was great, the food quality and quantity were excellent considering its price and the fact that it was a 'lcious' meal.  'To.live.my.life' will rate c5 Restaurant with a 9/10.


C5 Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...