9/15/11

Bluestone Bistro

Would have never notice Bluestone Bistro if I didn't buy my first ever 'Deal' online because the restaurant is literally hidden in one of the plazas on Highway 7 between Warden and Kennedy.  I purchased the $20 for $40 of food at Bluestone Bistro a few months ago, but finally had the urge to pull out all the deals I got online and go 'chew' them down. 

The environment in Bluestone Bistro is warm and welcoming because the restaurant was designed to serve casual family and friends gatherings and also for private functions.

Sum sum and I ordered two dishes to share for the night.  Sum chose one of the dish under Chef's Feature Plates, 'Chicken Marsala'.  It was served with wild mushrooms, mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus.  I found this dish pretty salty but the overall taste was excellent.  The Marsala wine was strong enough that we actually tasted it.

I selected a pasta from the menu.  'Frutti de Mare', it contained gnocchi, lobster, shrimps, sherry, tomato and tarragon served in a tomato cream sauce.  Compared to the chicken, the pasta was cooked with less seasoning and the taste was more mild..  This was my first time (I think) having gnocchi (small, thick, soft dumplings), and I love it.

Overall, 'to.live.my.life' gives a rating of 7.5 out of 10 to Bluestone Bistro because the overall expereince was just in the 'meeting the expectations' standards with nothing overly unexpected.

Bluestone Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...