Kenzo Japanese Noodle House

Kenzo Japanese Noodle House is one of the well known ramen place in Toronto.  I've heard a lot about it through food blogs and through friends, and I finally had my first ramen there a few weekends ago.  I went to the Kenzo on Yonge and Steeles.

There were quite a few choices on the menu but I opted for the Hot Ramen.  The Karashi Ramen was served with a 'Special Ramen in Karashi Sauce and Japanese hot sauce'.  There was a hot level from 1 to 3 to choose from, and I chose level 2.  My tolerance for hot food is pretty high but the ramen was considerably hot for me.  My mouth was flaming and I had to drink ice water throughout my lunch.  I am not a huge fan of ramen but I believe the most important things about a delicious ramen are the noodles and soup-base.

The ramen at Kenzo was decent.  I did not had a jump, nor disappointment from it.  The portion was more than enough for me too.  I will return to Kenzo if I suddenly crave for ramens in the future, since it is probably the closest by my house.

Kenzo Japanese Noodle House on Urbanspoon


  1. hi you seemed to have tried alot of restaurants so i am hoping you could give me some suggestions.
    among all the restaurants you have tried (including the ones for summerlicious) which one is your favorite? which one would you recommend for a couple in toronto to goto for birthday celebration which is not too noisy with a nice atmosphere? my budget is 35 for each person. :) thanks.

  2. Hello fellow urbanspoon blogger. I agree, Kenzo wasn't that great. I even more Aji-san more than kenzo. But you should really try the new ramen place in downtown. I wrote about it here: http://missjesc.blogspot.ca/2012/05/kinton-ramen-baldwin.html


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...